1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove garlic minced
1 green onion, sliced
1 small bunch cilantro sprigs
3 ½ cups chicken bone broth
8 ounces cooked shredded chicken
6 ounces rice ramen noodles
Fresh basil leaves, sliced red Fresno chile, and lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Add olive oil to a stock pot over medium heat and saute ginger, garlic, green onions and cilantro until fragrant, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Add bone broth to pot and bring to a full boil. Place rice ramen noodles into pot and simmer until cooked, stirring frequently for about four minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir in cooked chicken.
- Divide soup between two bowls and garnish with basil, chile and lime wedges.
When you get up in the morning, you know what you’re supposed to do. Eat lots of greens. Drink eight glasses of water. Exercise for 30 minutes. Sleep eight hours. Those are the benchmarks. They work. But they’re hard to do every day, especially when your boss is hovering and your phone is blowing up. That’s where Snap Fitness comes in. When you become part of our community, we become your oasis. Your sea of calm in a sometimes-hectic life. A place to turn to not only during easy days but hard days too.
Think of us as your ultimate source of stress-relief. We’ll help you work off the angst of the day and redirect negative thoughts. Talk to us. We have trainers who are skilled at designing wellness programs. We’ll build something out for you that you can lean on, which will be there for you no matter what life throws at you. We’ll design it around five key concepts.
Put Yourself First. This is a big one. This is about being able to say no. This can be hard. It’s tempting to say yes to everyone. But that’s not sustainable. We’ll work with you to make sure you say yes to yourself first.
Stress Is Manageable. Stress for many people is a fact of modern life. But it doesn’t have to be toxic. Start working on reducing the negative impacts of stress on your life. Open yourself up to new ideas. Your quality of life will improve.
Time Is Precious. It may seem like you need a 25th hour to get your workout in. But you don’t. Some days just require a different approach. If you only have 20 minutes, make the most of it. We’re magicians with high-intensity workouts. Just keep reminding yourself: you’re only one workout away from a good mood.
Laugh It Off. When you’re stuck in a rut, the first step is get some distance. Exercise is perfect for this. Then, when you’re done with your workout, treat yourself to your favorite sit-com and finish the day with a chuckle. It helps. You will be able to look forward to tomorrow with a smile on your face.
Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly where you are at any moment with your fitness goals? Well not to brag or anything but we can give you exactly that. Say hello to our MYZONE heart rate tracker.
If you haven’t tried one yet, MYZONE will dazzle you. Unlike other activity trackers that only count steps and guess at number of calories burned, MYZONE uses technology to monitor activity from the gym and provides comprehensive, real-time effort data. It takes the guesswork right out of your workouts. You will know exactly how far you’ve gone, and how much effort you’ve spent, and how much progress you’ve made on your goals. All you have to do is wear a lightweight, unobtrusive belt on your torso.
How does it do all this? We’ll spare you all the techie talk but two remarkable features are its Bluetooth capability and built-in memory. When you use MYZONE you receive live data on your smart phone or your Snap Fitness club's TV screen. If you don’t have your phone while exercising, that’s no problem. The tracker stores up to 16 hours of data and will wirelessly upload once you enter a club or open the MYZONE app. Once your workout is completed, a summary email is sent to you with your effort graph, points earned, and calories burned. You will have all the information you need, uploaded and saved in a cloud account, to help you achieve your fitness dreams.
Stop into your club and ask one of our wellness coaches to hook you up with MYZONE. It’s easy to use. And more than that, it’s empowering. Let MYZONE help you measure your effort, modulate your intensity, and accomplish great things!
This delicious, veggie-packed, cauliflower crust pizza is a healthy option that will make your taste buds say WOW!
½ medium head of cauliflower (4 cups of small florets)
2 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup water
1/3 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup pizza sauce
1 cup your favorite cheese
Vegetables of your choice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together chia seeds and water, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place cauliflower mixture into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for five minutes.
- Stir chia seeds into cauliflower mixture, then add oat flour, dried oregano and basil, garlic powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Form dough into ball and place on top of the parchment-lined baking sheet. Pat into a circle, then use another sheet of parchment on top (and a rolling pin, if desired) to spread into a square, about ¼ inch thick. Remove top sheet of parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crust from oven and add pizza sauce, cheese, and vegetables of your choosing on top. Bake for 7 minutes, let cool slightly before cutting and serve.
There is nothing like the perfect playlist. If you assemble the right mix of songs, it’s magical. It can carry you through any kind of workout. The great news is we have the tunes picked out for you. Give these songs a try. We promise they'll keep your energy up and your muscles working. Happy listening!
Heat things up with this delicious Tomato Basil Bisque and Meatball recipe! Make it even healthier by adding in your favorite vegetables and swapping traditional meatballs for turkey meatballs. Bon Appétit!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 12-ounce bag frozen meatballs (or 12-15 homemade)
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1) Cook meatballs according to package instructions.
2) Pour crushed tomatoes, basil, garlic powder and coconut milk into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in meatballs and continuing stirring until soup is heated throughout.
3) Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.