Rainbow Veggie Wraps
You’ve probably heard the phrase “Eat the rainbow” to ensure that your body is getting all of the essential nutrients, and these delicious Rainbow Veggie Wraps accomplish just that. Bursting with crunchy flavor, they’re perfect to pack for lunch or a handy replacement for your everyday salad. Simply wrap up some veggies and enjoy!
Makes 8-10 servings
Carb: 10.9 grams
Fat: 6.2 grams
Protein: 3.9 grams
1 Bundle red Swiss chard, stems removed
3-4 10 inch carrots, skinned and julienned
1 red pepper, cored and julienned
1 yellow squash, julienned
1 zucchini, julienned
1) Spread 1-2 tbsp hummus onto Swiss chard leaf.
2) Place 6-8 strips of carrots, red pepper, yellow squash and zucchini onto Swiss chard leaf.
3) Roll and secure with toothpick.
Success Spotlight: Hanna from Watertown, MN
Hanna knew that she was unhappy with the way her body looked and felt, so she decided to make changes in her diet and exercise routine. After joining the Snap Fitness in Watertown, MN, she has found herself on a much healthier, happier path. Learn more about her story here!
“My name is Hanna and I am 20 years old. I always saw myself as healthy and fit, but I would catch myself making excuses as to why I shouldn’t go to the gym or why I shouldn’t eat healthy. I figured working out once or twice a week was fine, but the reality was that I was not fine. I began to gain weight and I grew unhappy with my appearance. One day as I realized I didn’t fit into my old clothes I thought, 'If I’m gaining weight now, imagine what I will look like 20 years from now.'
After that experience, I began to work out daily. I also had to completely change my diet; no more eating out, no more frozen meals, and no more late-night snacks. I have found that after making these changes, I hardly ever crave bad foods anymore.
It did take a long time to see any changes in myself, but once I noticed them I could feel my confidence rising. The first change I noticed was physical activity becoming easier. I was suddenly able to walk up a flight of stairs without becoming winded. I noticed my favorite change when I put these two pictures together because I saw where I started compared to where I am today. I always remind myself not to have a goal weight or image, but rather a goal mindset to be 100 percent comfortable with who I am now, and who I am becoming.”
Shrimp Boil Foil Packs
These Shrimp Boil Foil Packs are the perfect dinner for a long summer night! They’re easy to throw together but packed with flavor. What are you waiting for? Head outside and get grilling!
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (12 oz.) package smoked Andouille sausage, thinly sliced
2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
1 small onion, quartered
1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1) Preheat grill to high heat.
2) Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide ingredients among each sheet of foil and toss with your hands to combine. Pinch foil together so that ingredients are completely covered and sealed.
3) Place foil packs on the grill and cook until potatoes are fork tender and shrimp and sausage is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Packed with veggies and a hint of spice, these Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats are sure to satisfy! These are super easy to prepare and can be easily modified for desired spiciness. For a quick and simple dinner, you can even prepare the zucchini boats ahead of time, refrigerate, and bake when ready!
Makes: 4 Zucchini Boats
Calories per serving: 249
2 large zucchini
1 cup red pepper, diced
1 poblano pepper, cored and diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 cup corn
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1-2 tbsp hot sauce
1/2 cup chopped parsley + a little more for garnish
Sharp cheddar cheese
1) Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise. Using a metal spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini. Place hollowed zucchini, skin side down, in a greased 9x11 casserole pan. Place 1 cup zucchini “meat” on a cutting board and dice.
2) Preheat oven to 400F.
3) In a medium sized skillet, warm 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Place the chopped zucchini, red pepper, poblano pepper, and red onion in pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the quinoa, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add parsley, desired amount of hot sauce, and salt to taste. Mix well.
4) With a spoon, fill zucchini boats with filling until full, or the vegetable mixture is gone. Sprinkle desired amount of cheddar cheese on each boat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes. Allow zucchini boats to cool for 5-10 minutes, top with cilantro and enjoy!
Pokémon GO Snap Contest
Catch ‘em all to win big! If you’re a fan of the widely popular game Pokémon GO, this contest is for you. Long adventures seeking Pokémon can be tiring, but not if you have the right supplies! Enter in our contest to win the ultimate Pokémon GO Trainer Prize Pack that is sure to up your game!
Follow These Steps To Participate:
Step 1: Download the Pokémon GO app if you haven’t already.
Step 2: Take a screenshot of a Pokémon at your local Snap Fitness.
Step 3: Share it on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag #PokemonGoSnap to be entered.
Step 4: Stay tuned to find out if you won! We’ll announce the winner on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on August 1!
Trainer Prize Pack Items:
$100 gift card for iTunes or Google Play
Snap Fitness Sweatband
Snap Blender Bottle
Red Snap Fitness T-Shirt
Snap Cinch Bag
Snap Fitness Sunglasses
So what are you waiting for? Get to your local Snap Fitness and play your favorite new game after a sweat session. Ready, Set, Pokémon GOOOOOOO!
Lean-Ya Colada Protein Shake
Have you heard? It’s National Piña Colada Day! We’ve got the perfect protein shake that’s guaranteed to satisfy your cravings for something sweet, best enjoyed while listening to Jimmy Buffet’s “If You Like Piña Coladas.” :)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice cubes
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen diced pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- low-fat whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Top with whipped cream and a cherry if desired; enjoy!