Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Important Message from Snap Fitness CEO
Snap Fitness is taking additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our members, and staff – this is our highest priority.
In regards to the ever evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health crisis, we are following the advice provided by the CDC as well as the mandates from our local governments.
STAY FIT, STAY HEALTHY
At Snap Fitness Inc., our clubs are required to follow the recommendations and mandates of their local government in order to protect the health and wellness of consumers and staff. Snap Fitness Inc. does not require stores to reopen based on state timelines – owners may reopen according to state timelines or at a later date. Along with following CDC and local government cleaning and distancing protocols, Snap Fitness Inc. also provides our clubs with Brand safety requirements and recommendations to provide the safest and healthiest environment possible for our members and guests.
Club Protocol and Procedures:
As clubs begin to reopen in states that are lifting mandated closures, we are recommending the following, in-line with or above and beyond local government regulations. These safety guidelines will be posted in club for member education upon entering and throughout the gym.
Hours + Staffing
- Dependent upon State Guidelines, some clubs will reduce 24/7 access to staffed hours only, to ensure the cleaning and distancing requirements are met
- Staff will be trained on all CDC recommendations for cleanliness and distancing
- Strategic scheduling will be implemented to minimize staff interaction
- Staff will stay at home if feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 and the case will be reported according to our Positive COVID-19 Protocol outlined below.
Cleanliness + Disinfecting
- Enhance sanitation and cleaning protocols to comply with the CDC/health authority recommendations
- Deep clean the club prior to reopening
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available throughout the club
- Post and implement cleaning checklists, tracking areas, equipment and frequency
- Implement a “health check zone” at the door, if required by state and local government
- Water fountains will only be used for refilling water bottles, if at all.
- Space out equipment to comply with the 6ft recommendation, add markers to the floors and signage that explains distancing
- Limit and monitor the number of people in the club, if required by state and local government
- Limit group classes and training to not exceed size/distancing limitations.
If you have specific questions about hours, membership or restrictions, please contact your local Snap Fitness.
You can find the contact information for each of our clubs by visiting https://www.snapfitness.com/us/gyms/ and searching for your local club.
Questions About Hours, Billing and Services of Your Local Club?
Each of our gyms are independently owned and operated by passionate small business owners. That’s one of the reasons why Snap Fitness is so special!
For questions about membership, billing, services, hours, and more, please reach out to your local Snap Fitness. You can find the contact information for each of our clubs by visiting https://www.snapfitness.com/us/gyms/ and searching for your local club.
What action is Snap Fitness taking to keep members safe and well?
Snap Fitness is committed to providing our members with a safe and hygienic club to exercise and we are taking this situation extremely seriously.
- In areas of the country where our clubs have been mandated to close, we are providing a variety of at-home workout options, including 90-day access to a library of specially curated virtual workouts through FitnessOnDemand.
Get access today by visiting snapfitness.com/freeapp and get started sweating from home!
- In areas of the country where gyms are allowed to be open, we are actively working to meet all hygiene and cleanliness requirements to deliver a safe and healthy environment to work out.
AVOID TOUCHING FACE
WIPE DOWN EQUIPMENT
|Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue, into your upper sleeve, not in your hands when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.||Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you cough or sneeze, or clean with an alcohol-based hand cleaner.||Try to avoid close contact with sick people. Stay home if you’re sick for 7 days after your symptoms begin or until you have been symptom-free for 24hrs.||Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs can be spread easily this way.||Be sure to wipe down equipment before and
after use to stop the spread of germs.
We have increased the level of cleaning and hygiene in our gyms, including:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitization in our gyms, especially high touch areas.
- Ensuring soap dispensers and hand sanitizers are available at all times and replenished.
- Providing wipes/cleaning products to allow members to self-clean equipment before and after use
- Educating and reminding members and staff of the importance of good hygiene in the gym
In addition, if you have travelled to the affected countries within the last 14 days, we recommend you self-quarantine and seek medical assessment.
Positive COVID-19 Diagnosis Protocol
If we are notified of any issues in your club, or if another member contracts the virus, we will notify you immediately and undertake a full deep clean of the facility.
If you have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have used the club recently, please contact your local club via phone or email immediately.
We are monitoring the situation closely across all of our clubs and should the situation change we will provide further information in line with the CDC and Public Health Agency of Canada or state, provincial or local requirements.
If you require any further information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit:
The CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: COVID-19
What is Snap Fitness doing during COVID-19?
Snap Fitness is taking this matter seriously and continues to work with the CDC and local governments to ensure we are agile in the ever changing COVID-19.
In areas of the country where gyms are allowed to be open, we are actively working to meet all hygiene and cleanliness requirements to deliver a safe and healthy environment to work out.
In areas of the country where our clubs have been mandated to close, we are providing at-home workout options, including 90-day access to a library of specially curated virtual workouts through FitnessOnDemand. Get access today by visiting snapfitness.com/freeapp and get started sweating from home!
Am I able to cancel or freeze my membership?
It’s more important than ever during this public health crisis that you continue your normal routine to stay fit and healthy. In addition to hygiene measures in the gym, we are also providing at-home resources and programs to support you during this time. Check with your local Snap Fitness club to see what options they have available for you to continue your fitness journey, no matter where you are.
Most members are simply suspending their membership during this period if they don’t feel comfortable working out or are unable to attend the club. However, if you wish to cancel your membership, you MUST contact your local club to complete this process.
This is the best option for you if your club is closed or you feel uncomfortable visiting the club. You MUST contact your local club to complete this process.
What would happen if someone is reported to have COVID-19?
Snap Fitness would be notified by the affected person(s) and/or Department of Health. Snap Fitness would then cease trade at that location, advise other members that may have come in contact with the affected person(s) and conduct a full deep clean to required standards. We expect this process to take around 48 hours and would seek Department of Health approval to commence trade.
If you have not come in contact with the affected person(s) and while any club is closed we encourage you to workout at any other local Snap Fitness however, if the process was to take more than 48 hours and you don’t have a convenient club to access, we will look at suspending any further membership payments. If this was to occur, we would communicate with the club and its members throughout the process.
What is Snap Fitness doing if clubs have a low level of sanitizers and cleaning products?
As you know stock and supply in some cases can be a challenge in present times however, Snap Fitness is working with multiple different suppliers to ensure we have access to all required stock needed from sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, toilet paper and cleaning products.
At times clubs may have no or low stocks available to them, however, be assured we would be sourcing those products as quickly as possible. Hand Sanitizer is one of those products hard to come by at present, so we encourage regular hand washing upon entry to the club and throughout your workout. Hand washing is known to be the most effective form of killing any germs with hand sanitizer simply being another option if you can’t wash your hands.
What is someone if visibly sick or unwell working out in club?
Snap Fitness asks that if you are unwell or have travelled within the last 14 days that you self-quarantine and do not attend the club. Snap Fitness reserves the right to ask that you not enter the club or work out at any Snap Fitness club.
If someone is working out and visibly unwell, please report to club staff whom will have a conversation with that member(s).
Am I able to workout if I have travelled within the last 14 days?
Snap Fitness asks people whom have travelled within the last 14 days to self-quarantine and not attend the club to minimize risk to our other members and staff.