Make sure that you are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals in your diet! Read on to learn what roles different vitamins and minerals play in your health, as well as what foods you should be eating to ensure that you're getting them.
· Benefits eyes, skin, and teeth.
· Sweet potatoes and carrots are good sources of vitamin A.
· Benefits immune system, iron absorption, and energy production.
· Found in eggs and poultry.
· Strengthens blood vessels, increases skin elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption.
· Dark leafy greens and bell peppers provide vitamin C.
· Good for strong, healthy bones.
· Found in fish like salmon and tuna.
· Provides protection from free radicals and improves blood circulation.
· Found in sunflower seeds, almonds, and cooked spinach.
· Aids with blood coagulation.
· Collards, kale, and Brussel sprouts are good sources of vitamin K.
· Benefits teeth and bones.
· Milk, yogurt, and cheese provide high amounts of calcium.
· Helps with cell renewal and preventing birth defects in pregnancy.
· Dried beans, peas, and avocado contain folic acid.
· Works to build muscle and maintain healthy blood.
· Red meat and beans serve as excellent sources of iron.
· Good for fertility, immunity, and growth.
· Zinc can be found in oysters, red meat, poultry, and beans.
· Helps with glucose function and to maintain energy levels.
· Green beans, nuts, and egg yolks are good sources of chromium.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.