Turkey Pumpkin ChiliSnap Fitness
We’re gearing up for colder months with this flavorful chili made with ground turkey and pumpkin puree. This hearty, healthy mix of ingredients is sure to make your heart sing the tune of fall. Perfect to prepare for dinner, easy-to-pack lunches, or freeze and save for a cold weekend meal!
1 lb. ground turkey, cooked
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can pumpkin
1 cup corn kernals
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, about five minutes.
3. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, water, and pumpkin bringing to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
6. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined and heated through.
7. Ladle chili into bowls and serve with tortilla chips.