The Stability Ball Side CrunchSnap Fitness
The Stability ball side crunch is a great way to get up off the floor and get down with awesome abs!
This exercise is also a safe and effective way to keep the crunch out of your neck and lower back and puts the emphasis right where it counts. Plus, a bigger range of motion from the ball, ensures that you hit those obliques hard. Here’s how:
- Sit the inside hip onto the ball, place your feet where the floor and wall meet.
- Make sure that the top leg is stepping back and the bottom leg is stepping forward. This will encourage a gentle stretch at your hips and allow for better use of your obliques as a result.
- Place both hands behind your head and align yourself to face away from the wall. Keep hips square and perpendicular to the floor.
- Stretch over the ball to one side, exhale and curl up toward the wall.
- Repeat for 10-20 reps then flip to do the same on the opposite side.