Summer Quinoa SaladSnap Fitness
Classic summer flavors are combined in this nutritious, filling salad! Use fresh corn if it’s available but frozen works too. Serve with grilled chicken or fish for a perfect seasonal dinner or over salad greens for a quick lunch.
1 1/2 cup dry quinoa
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cups cooked corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced (about 1 1/2 cup)
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced (about 6)
.75 oz fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Cook quinoa as directed and let cool.
- Zest and juice lime.
- Whisk together lime juice, lime zest, honey, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper for dressing.
- Toss together quinoa, dressing, and remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories per serving: 263
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 8 g
Protein: 6 g