Spring Power BowlLauren
Spring is in the air and we're ready to celebrate! To kick the season off right, our power bowl provides extra energy for lunch and beyond. Packed with protein and topped with a light dressing, you'll feel focused and ready to take on the rest of the day.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 small beet
- 1⁄3 cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds or almonds
- Olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1⁄4 tsp dijon
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash and peel the beet, then slice in 1⁄2” slices. Drizzle the beet slices in a little olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and bake on a baking sheet for 40 minutes. Allow to cool before unwrapping.
- Add the spinach to the bottom of a large bowl, then top with the roasted beet and remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, then pour some or all over the power bowl. Serve immediately.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.