Spinach, Tomato and Feta Stuffed Crepes
What more is there to say? Three tasty ingredients mixed together to create a meal that’s perfect for a weekend brunch or anytime you’re looking to add more vegetables to your diet. Plus, they’re easy to make. Count us in!
We hope you share our excitement. If so, we have a feeling these Spinach, Tomato and Feta Stuffed Crepes will make their way into your regular meal rotation.
For the crepes:
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk, plant or normal
- 1 cup (125g) flour, wheat
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water (preferably sparkling)
- pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 9 oz. (250g) spinach
- 1 1/8 cup (150g) feta cheese, light
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup (30g) sun-dried tomatoes, drained
For the crepes:
- Start by mixing the flour, milk, eggs, water and salt in a bowl until a smooth dough forms. Add melted coconut oil and mix again (adding fat to the mixture means you won’t need any during the frying process).
- Fry crepes on a well-heated non-stick pan with a thin bottom. When the bottom of the crepe is nicely browned and bubbles appear on the surface, turn over to the other side.
For the filling (for 6 crepes):
- Use a large frying pan or pot, place the spinach in, stir often until it wilts. Transfer onto a plate.
- Heat the coconut oil in the same pan and add the pressed garlic. Fry for 1-2 mins until slightly brown.
- Transfer spinach back into the pan and allow to heat up. Season with oregano and salt and pepper. Cut the feta cheese into cubes and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Now comes the fun part! To assemble the crepes, divide the spinach, feta and tomatoes evenly over the top of the crepes — roll and repeat with the rest of the filling. Serve right away or store in the fridge for later.
- This recipe makes about 10-12 crepes, so you can store some later for a work lunch or try experimenting with different fillings.
- If you don’t want so many crepes, simply just half the amount of the ingredients.
- The serving size is 2 stuffed crepes per portion.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.