Sparkling Cranberry Lemonade Mocktails
2018 is coming to a close, and there's no better time to reflect on this past year and look forward to the future. This New Year's Eve, whether you're having a low-key night with loved ones or getting ready to hit the town, these Sparkling Cranberry Lemonade Mocktails are the perfect way to help you ring in 2019!
Makes 4 drinks
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1” piece ginger root, cut into large pieces 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 cups lemonade
- Sparkling water or club soda
- In a small pot, bring water and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, stir in the honey and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cranberries and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes until thick. Once done, mash the cranberries and strain through a mesh strainer into a small bowl, pressing down the purée with a spoon so that only the juice fills the bowl. Set this cranberry syrup aside or in the refrigerator to cool completely. If you like a thicker or whole cranberry syrup, you can skip the straining step.
- Place 1-2 spoonfuls of the cranberry syrup at the bottom of each glass.
- Pour over 1⁄2 cup of lemonade in each glass. Top with sparkling water, either equal amount to the lemonade or a little more works best, then stir the cranberry syrup around before serving.
- Serve cold with ice and garnish with lemon slices and/or frozen cranberries.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.