Skillet Eggplant Lasagna
Make Valentine’s Day special this year by cooking for the one you love! This romantic and healthy eggplant lasagna is sure to impress your significant other or best friend.
The star of this dish: Eggplant!
Why you ask? Because it’s tasty and is a good source of fiber, Vitamin B1, and other key minerals.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
½ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
½ large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1” strips
6 lasagna noodles, broken into 2” pieces
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup ricotta cheese
Fresh basil for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until both are softened and translucent, about five minutes.
- Add spices and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Pour in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir eggplant strips and broken noodles into tomato mixture until mostly covered with sauce.
- Simmer uncovered until noodles are al dente, about eight-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with mozzarella, dollop ricotta on top and garnish with fresh basil.
We suggest serving this dish with side salad.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.