Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Add some zest to your tacos
It seems that tacos are all the rage these days. And why not?
Tacos are delicious, convenient and come in a lot of great varieties. This is exactly why we’d like to share one of our favorite taco recipes with you. Become a hero at your next get-together by bringing a plate of them to share, or feel free to just keep them all for yourself (and if you do we completely understand!).
If you’re ready for a new way to taco, check out what we’ve cooked up!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice Pinch of salt
Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 1⁄2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 6-8 gluten free tortillas
- Purple cabbage, shredded
- And of course, any additional toppings you want!
- Start by mixing together all of the mango salsa ingredients until combined. Then set it aside.
- Make the sauce by mixing together all of the sauce ingredients. You can also blend the sauce so the cilantro mixes through, but it will be thinner than mixing by hand. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix together paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and salt and coat the shrimp evenly on both sides with the spice mixture.
Sauté for just a minute or two, flipping halfway, until the shrimp are pink and have curled up. Then transfer to a plate and top with lime juice.
- Assemble the tacos with shrimp, mango salsa, a little yogurt if desired, and any additional toppings of choice.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.