Showers: What Temp is Best?
For many, showering is a daily habit. But one thing you may not think about is the effect that the water temperature has on your body. Studies have found that the average water temperature for a person’s shower is 105 degrees Fahrenheit. While a nice hot shower can offer many benefits, turning your water down a few degrees can also bring about several advantages. Check them out and think twice about what you want to accomplish next time you hop in the shower!
Benefits of Hot Showers:
- Warmer temperatures help to relieve tension
- Boosts metabolism
- Soothe stiff muscles
- Alleviates migraines
- Opens pores and cleans skin by removing toxins
- Can up your oxytocin levels
- Ease anxiety
- The steam serves as a natural decongestant to relieve cold symptoms
Benefits of Cold Showers:
- Instant temp change can awaken body
- Relieves fatigue
- Increase mental alertness
- Hydrate hair and skin, whereas hot showers dry them out
- Studies have found that a cooler shower (~68 degrees F) for 2-3 minutes a day can help with depression
- Stimulates immune system
- Reduces hair loss
- Tightens skin
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.