SAVORY OATMEAL WITH FRIED EGGSnap Fitness
A twist on your classic oatmeal! Savery oatmeal is the new avocado toast. Don't believe us? Whip up some of this delicious goodness today!
- 1/4 cup dry quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 large egg
- chopped walnuts
- sliced green onions
- cheddar cheese
- Stove Top Method: Bring water to boil. Add oatmeal, reduce heat a little and let it cook for about 3 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in pepper.
- Heat a nonstick pan with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they soften. Spoon vegetables over cooked oats. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil and fry the egg. Cook until the whites are no longer translucent and serve over oatmeal.
- Top with chopped walnuts, green onions, and cheese, if you like.