Quinoa GranolaSnap Fitness
Looking for a new way to do breakfast? Allow us to introduce you to the perfect addition to your morning routine: quinoa granola!
We know quinoa isn’t typically a breakfast item, but one taste and you’ll be hooked. All you have to do is add some uncooked quinoa to your favorite granola recipe, bake it up per usual, and you’ve got a perfect addition to your yogurt parfait or bowl of cereal!
If you already have a favorite tried-and-true granola recipe, we’d recommend just taking out half of your oats and subbing in a cup or two of quinoa. Spice up your quinoa granola with your favorite nut mixture, dried fruit. Coconut, and spices. Experiment with the recipe and find your go-to combination.
Yields: About 8 cups
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1 cup slivered or roughly-chopped almonds
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup shaved coconut (or 2/3 cup grated coconut)
6 oz. dried cherries or cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, quinoa, almonds, honey, coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon until combined. 3. Spread the mixture out on a foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway.
5. Remove sheet and sprinkle the shaved coconut evenly over the top of the granola.
6. Bake for an additional three to five minutes (watch closely) until the coconut is toasted.
7. Remove and let cool, then stir in dried fruit, and toss to combine.
To preserve freshness, store in a sealed container for up to two weeks.