One Pot Turkey Chili with Rice
Whether you’re looking for something to do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey, or are just wanting to spice up your dinner, give our flavorful chili recipe a chance to steal the show.
- 10 oz. (300g) minced turkey fillet
- 1/2 cup (115g) rice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup (60g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1/3 cup (85g) sweet corn, drained
- 1/3 cup (30g) grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper
- 1/3 tsp ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Now add the meat and fry for about 5-6 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Add spices, mix, then add the dry rice and mix again. Next add the chopped peppers, beans, corn, canned tomatoes, and broth. Mix and bring to boil. Simmer while covered on low heat for about 17-20 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, cover, and heat for another 2 minutes until the cheese melts. Now serve and enjoy!
- And for a dairy free option, skip the cheese or replace with a vegan version.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.