No-Bake Energy Bars
Energy bars are a convenient, on-the-go snack to toss in your gym bag. Store-bought bars can be pricey and full of added sugar or other not-so-desirable ingredients. Instead, fuel your fitness routine with this great-tasting homemade energy bar recipe. They are perfect for your pre or post-workout routine. Keep them refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze your homemade creations for later.
2 ½ cups granola
1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled – option to use almond milk instead of water.
1 cup chopped raw almonds
½ cup chopped dates or prunes
½ cup ground flaxseed
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup nut butter or almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup mini dark chocolate chips
1. Combine granola, quinoa, almonds, dates, flaxseed, and salt in a large bowl. Gently mix in dark chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
2. Combine honey, coconut oil, nut butter, and vanilla in a small bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds. Cool slightly.
3. Pour honey mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix until moistened. If the mixture seems dry, add additional honey, one tablespoon at a time.
4. Line a 9x9 dish with parchment paper and firmly press the mixture evenly into the pan as tightly as possible. Refrigerate for at least an hour. When firm, flip the dish onto a cutting board. Cut into desired size bars or bites.
5. Enjoy immediately or save for later!
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Fridge time: 1 Hour
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.