Lemony Summer Pasta Salad
A true summertime classic
Light, colorful, and filled with fresh vegetables, our Lemony Summer Pasta Salad is ready to make a splash at any picnic!
Serves 4-5, double or triple the recipe if needed.
- 10 oz gluten free fusilli or bow tie pasta
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, copped
- 1 cup yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, broken into large crumbles
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon oregano
- 1 tsp honey Salt mustard
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, and under a little cold water. Set aside in a large salad bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add zucchini, squash and 1-2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 1⁄2 tsp oregano, then sauté until cooked and just slightly browned. Remove from skillet and add to pasta. Add in the arugula, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and chopped basil.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then pour over the pasta salad. Toss everything to combine. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving for best flavor.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.