Kale and Onion Quesadilla
Add some greens to the classic quesadilla! This vegetarian meal is packed with protein and comes together in just a few minutes; it’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
5 oz kale (about 6 cups chopped kale)
4 whole grain or sprouted tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese
Optional toppings: light sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onion and sauté for about three minutes.
- Add kale and stir occasionally. Cook for another three to four minutes until kale is wilted.
- Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out pan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add tortilla to pan and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Add about 1/4 of the kale mixture to one side.
- Fold quesadilla in half and cook for about two minutes per side, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and chopped cilantro if desired.
Servings: 4 servings
Calories per serving (without toppings): 411
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.