How to Build a Better Relationship with Yourself
- Start a hobby that you’ve always wanted to learn. Whether it be a new fitness class, or something non-fitness related, starting a new hobby is proven to help increase your self-esteem.
- Laugh. Laughing speeds up your metabolism, and lifts your mood!
- Spend time with like-minded individuals. It's great to surround yourself with people who have common interests. This will make you feel supported in things that you're interested in.
- Remind yourself what you’re thankful for. It's sometimes easier to think of what is wrong in life instead of what you're grateful for. Remind yourself what makes you thankful every single day.
- Practice being grateful for your body. Your body can do amazing things, even if you’re not where you want to be when it comes to your fitness goals, be thankful for where you are and what your body can do.
- Let go of your inner perfectionist. Being too hard on yourself will get you nowhere. Work hard towards your goals, but if you accidentally take a step backwards it'll be okay.
- Make time for yourself. Treat yourself to some time doing what you love each and every week.
- Be kind to yourself. Along with being kind to others, be kind to yourself.
- Let go of judgement. Judging others, especially at the gym when they're working on themselves doesn't help anyone. Live a judgement-free life.
- Meditate. Relax, and focus on your breath.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.