Homemade Coconut Cashew GranolaLauren
Granola can be a great addition to any breakfast, but store bought granola is loaded with sugar. Don't let an extra crunch ruin your healthy breakfast. Our favorite recipe is low in sugar, but packed with flavor that will top off any morning meal.
Makes about 3 1⁄2 - 4 cups of granola
Based on 1⁄4 cup serving
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1 cup unsweetened toasted coconut chips
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if needed 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the coconut chips, in a large mixing bowl. The cashew butter should be a slightly runny consistency to coat your mixture, so warm in the microwave for a few seconds if needed.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly press it down.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes until lightly toasted, then let cool completely before breaking apart and mixing in the coconut chips.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.