Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a completely natural product. It is made from apple juice which is fermented into hard apple cider. Once this process is complete, the hard apple cider is then fermented a second time to apple cider vinegar. Most people are unaware that apple cider vinegar boasts many healthful benefits, such as; boosting hair and skin health to aiding in weight loss, this wonder drink seems to have it all. Thankfully the benefits of apple cider vinegar just might outweigh the taste!
Healthy Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Hair Rinse - Use Apple cider vinegar (ACV) as a hair rinse to naturally remove chemical build up and increase shine. Combine ½ tablespoon ACV and 1 cup of water – rinse through hair after shampooing/conditioning. This can be done several times per week!
- Skin Toner - Apple cider vinegar can regulate the PH balance of your skin – simple dab a small amount onto a cotton ball and smooth over face after cleansing for a natural toner.
- Teeth Whitener - ACV can remove stains from teeth! My oldest stains on his lower teeth and after many attempts at removing, from changing our toothpaste to consulting our dentist, apple cider vinegar did the trick! Simple dab onto a Cotton swab and scrub – rinse immediately with water and do not soak. Excessive use and leaving it on the teeth can actually be corrosive.
- Sunburn Relief - The PH balanced nature of ACV can help relieve sunburn! Place 1 cup into a warm bath and soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Weight Loss - Apple Cider Vinegar has been shown to aid weight loss. Combine 2 teaspoons into water daily – enjoy the increased energy it provides. Current research points to the active ingredient, acetic acid as the primary reason for its successful use in weight loss. Of course, we recommend you combine that with working out at a Snap Fitness near you.
- Odor Removal - Remove odor from shoes – simply combine 1-2 tablespoons of ACV and water into a 12 ounce spray bottle. Spray into shoes and leave to dry – the antimicrobial qualities will kill any odor causing bacteria.
Improve the Taste of Apple Cider Vinegar
You don’t have to suffer through the taste of Apple Cider Vinegar either. Dilute 1-2 teaspoons in 12-16 ounces of water and sip throughout the day.
Or better yet, combine 1T in 1-cup of warm water plus 1T of honey and enjoy!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
See the recipe below for a light, tasty apple cider vinaigrette recipe:
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.