Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
With the first long weekend of summer around the corner, start your grills and get ready for some delicious food! Bring these Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs to your weekend BBQ for a healthy, mouth-watering option!
For the marinade:
1/3 cup soy sauce
¼ cup canned pineapple juice
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon grated ginger
¼ cup cold water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the kabobs:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
3 bell peppers, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
3 cups pineapple chunks
- For the marinade: Combine first six ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, whisk cold water and cornstarch together until combined. Slowly pour water into marinade, whisk and simmer for three minutes until marinade thickens.
- Place chicken in a bag or bowl and add half of the marinade. Let sit for up to four hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread chicken, peppers and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat, turning every 5 minutes and basting with remaining marinade until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.