Guilt-Free Dinner Options
Ending your day with a healthy dinner will help you sleep at night and help boost your mood in the morning. We’ve compiled three guilt-free dinners that are sure to have you going to bed feeling great.
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, salmon helps maintain brain function while you sleep and protects your joints. The minerals in salmon work as antioxidants to help prevent cancer. Salmon has seven grams of fat and 17 grams of protein in one three-ounce serving.
- If you want to gain muscle, pair salmon with black beans and brown rice.
- If you want to lose weight, enjoy salmon with roasted vegetables lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
Grilled chicken is a healthy protein that is low in saturated fat. The minerals found in chicken keep your bones and immune system healthy. One four-ounce serving of chicken has 13 grams of fat and 26 grams of protein.
- If you want to build muscle, enjoy grilled chicken in a spinach salad with nuts and hard-boiled eggs.
- If you want to lose weight, pair grilled chicken with steamed broccoli.
Quinoa is a complete protein with fiber that helps lower cholesterol levels. Add flavor by stuffing other veggies and seasonings into bell peppers. This high-protein antioxidant rich dinner is a perfect way to end your day. A quarter cup of quinoa has three grams of fiber, six grams of protein, and less than three grams of fat.
- If you want to build muscle, add cheese and shredded chicken to the stuffed peppers.
- If you want to lose weight, add onions, zucchini, and other vegetables to the quinoa in your peppers. This dinner is best for weight loss because it’s lowest in calories.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.