Great American Smokeout: 8 Immediate Rewards of QuittingSnap Fitness
Today, is the American Cancer Society's annual "Great American Smokeout!" Each year on the third Thursday in November, smokers are encouraged to use the date to make a plan to quit, or to plan in advance and quit smoking that day. By quitting — even for one day — smokers will be taking an important step towards a healthier life – one that can lead to reducing cancer risk.
In addition to the clear health benefits that come with quitting, this week we want to share eight immediate rewards that come from breaking the habit. If you're a smoker, make next week your new beginning with the Great American Smokeout!
1) Breath smells better
2) Stained teeth get whiter
3) Bad smelling clothes and hair go away
4) Yellow fingers and fingernails disappear
5) Food tastes better
6) Sense of smell returns to normal
7) Everyday activities (such as climbing stairs or light housework) no longer leave them out of breath
8) You can be in smoke-free buildings without having to go outside to smoke.
What difference can you make today?