Gluten-Free Tabbouleh with ChickpeasSnap Fitness
This traditional Arabian vegetarian dish goes gluten-free in this tasty recipe. Made with quinoa rather than couscous and loaded with traditional tomatoes, parsley, mint, and onion – this recipe is a great option for lunch and is sure to keep you full until dinner.
1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
¾ cup chopped mint
5 green onions, finely chopped
2 cups small grape tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
? cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl to cool.
- Add the chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, green onion, parsley, mint, and toss.
- Pour olive oil and lemon juice over the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Mix well and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.