Gluten-Free Tabbouleh with Chickpeas
This traditional Arabian vegetarian dish goes gluten-free in this tasty recipe. Made with quinoa rather than couscous and loaded with traditional tomatoes, parsley, mint, and onion – this recipe is a great option for lunch and is sure to keep you full until dinner.
1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
¾ cup chopped mint
5 green onions, finely chopped
2 cups small grape tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
? cup extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl to cool.
- Add the chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, green onion, parsley, mint, and toss.
- Pour olive oil and lemon juice over the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Mix well and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.