Gingerbread Protein PancakesSnap Fitness
Classic gingerbread meets protein pancakes for a delicious combination! No need for messy frosting or sugary gumdrops, this protein pancake is flavored with ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whip up a plate for family this holiday season, or make a batch to freeze and warm in the toaster whenever the mood strikes.
½ cup oat flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
3 large eggs
½ cup almond milk
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until combined.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until the molasses is fully incorporated.
3. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until batter just comes together.
4. Lightly grease a nonstick skillet with coconut oil.
5. Turn heat to medium-low and scoop 3 tablespoons of batter at a time onto the skillet to cook.
6. Cook until bubbles start to form in the pancake and flip cakes to cook until they are golden on the underside, about 1-2 minutes.
7. Wipe skillet clean and repeat step 4 with remaining batter.