Five Moves to Get a Beach Bum
You’re not going to get the beach bum you want by sitting on the one you have. Get up and make that booty work! These 5 moves will build, sculpt, and lift your glutes in no time.
You'll need: A pair of dumbbells (8-10 pounds)
20 Dumbbell Squats
These squats are powerful little moves. Over time, increase reps and dumbbell weight to amp them up.
• Start with your legs hips distance apart and 8-to 10-pound dumbbells by your thighs.
• Squat down as if you were going to sit in a chair, keep your weight over your heels.
• Don’t forget to keep your chest up and your back flat.
• Press through your heels to return to starting position.
20 Explosive Lunges
This move gives you a deep stretch through your glutes while testing your balance and coordination.
• Stand with your feet together and your hands on your hips.
• Then lunge forward with your right leg.
• Jump up, switching legs midair, and land with your left leg in a forward lunge.
• Make sure to push off the floor with both feet.
• Your front knee should be bent 90 degrees and align over your ankle.
10 Kick Backs (Each Leg)
Kick back butt exercises are great for creating toned butt muscles.
• Come onto all fours.
• Kick your left foot back and up.
• Make sure to keep your hips level.
• Switch to the other side.
This is a great way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time.
• Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
• Lift your hips toward the ceiling with one leg lifted.
• Squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion.
• Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
30 Second Squat Hold
• Go back to a squat position, hold for 30 seconds.
If you stick to this routine you’ll get a beach bum before you know it.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.