Fight the Sugar Cravings and WIN!
It is human to crave sugar. In fact, it probably is abnormal if you don’t have a sugar craving every once in a while. There are a couple of things you can do to go about your sugar crave.
Find a substitute
- Fruits have natural sugars in them that help to fight the urge for sweets.
- Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants along with other health benefits that may lower your cholesterol and help prevent heart disease.
- Peppermint tea is a great alternative to reduce cravings.
- Sugar cravings are a sign of dehydration so before you take a bite into a candy bar, drink 8 ounces of water, wait a few minutes, and you will probably find that you no longer are in need of sweets.
Wait ten minutes
- Sugar cravings are temporary not permanent. Usually if you wait ten minutes your craving will pass. To have the will power to wait out a craving will improve yourself mentally and physically in the long-run So think of it this way… waiting 10 minutes to become closer to your goals is more worth it than enjoying a candy bar for 5 minutes. Pick your poison.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.