Featured Recipe: Greek Yogurt Mini Cheesecakes
We have hit the month of July, which means 4th of July picnics are in our future! Picnics can be a challenge for those that are trying to watch what they eat, especially when it comes to dessert time.
This recipe is modified to use less cream cheese, and in its place use protein-rich Greek yogurt. It is also crust-less, which is great news to those on a gluten-free diet!
This recipe can be made in ramekins, or small bowls. Traveling with your cheesecakes? Make them in small mason jars so you can easily cover them with the lid!
Top the cheesecakes with strawberries and blueberries and you have your red, white and blue festive dessert. Or, provide several different toppings and let everyone top their cheesecakes themselves!
Makes: 4 individual cheesecakes. Double or quadruple the recipe for larger batches.
1 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup (4oz.) reduced fat cream cheese
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Other ideas: graham cracker crumbs, other fresh fruit, chocolate, caramel, cookies, nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease your small ramekins or bowls.
2. Combine cheesecake ingredients in a mixer or blender. Mix the ingredients until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
3. Divide the blended mixture between your small bowls. Place the bowls into a 9x9 pan or larger if you double the recipe. Pour water into the pan until the water is halfway up the sides of your ramekins.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cheesecakes are set and jiggle slightly.
5. Once cooled to room temperature, refrigerate until chilled or overnight.
6. Top with your choice of toppings and serve!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.