Fall Harvest Pasta Salad
The weather is cooling down outside, so let’s heat things up in the kitchen with this amazing fall harvest pasta salad! Featuring all your favorite fall fruits and vegetables, this is a great healthy recipe option that can be vegetarian or include your favorite meat choice. Check it out below!
For the Salad:
2 cups gluten free rotini pasta, uncooked
2 cups butternut squash, cut into 1⁄2” cubes
2 cups raw broccoli florets
2⁄3 cup red onion, peeled and chopped
2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
2-3 tsp olive oil
1⁄2 tsp salt
For the Dressing:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
Pinch of salt, or more to taste
1/8 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, then set aside in a large heat-safe bowl to
- Toss the butternut squash cubes with 2-3 tsp of olive oil and 1⁄2 tsp salt. Add to a medium size skillet and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the squash has softened. Remove from the pan and add into the large bowl with the pasta to cool.
- In the same skillet, add about 1 inch of water to the bottom of the skillet and add the
broccoli florets. Cover with the lid and let steam for just 1-2 minutes until slightly softened and bright green. Turn off the heat, remove the broccoli to the large pasta bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- To the pasta, broccoli, and butternut squash, add in the red onion, dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined and pour over the pasta salad, tossing everything together. Add the crumbled feta on top and serve cold.
- This pasta salad is also wonderful with some cooked shredded chicken breast tossed throughout.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.