Dill Veggie Dip
Do the words “low-fat” make you worried when it comes to a veggie dip? They shouldn’t. We’ve found a tasty, easy to make dip that won’t make you feel guilty going back for seconds...or thirds! Check out this low-fat, low-calorie dip that’s sure to be a hit for any event.
Makes about 2 cups of dip
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp dried dill
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp dried basil
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place the cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and lemon juice into a high powder blender or food processor. Blend on low or medium speed until smooth and thick.
- Stop the blender or processor, add in the spices, then pulse a few times to combine. Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes until chilled before serving!
- The dip consistency will vary depending on the moisture content of your cottage cheese. Using a low-fat small curd cottage cheese yields the best results.
- The longer you blend, and the higher the blending speed, the thinner your dip will be. If you find your dip is too thin, simply pour it into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour to thicken before serving.
- You can use dairy-free versions of greek yogurt and cottage cheese if needed. If you can’t find cottage cheese, try replacing it with more greek yogurt or soft silken tofu.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.