Curried Chicken SaladSnap Fitness
This curried chicken salad is a perfect make-ahead dish for lunches or a quick dinner. Top over a bed of lettuce, spread on a piece of whole wheat toast, or eat alone for a sweet and crunchy meal sure to make your taste buds sing!
This recipe makes four cups.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Greek yogurt 0% fat
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon curry
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup red grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup cashews
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Add the chicken breasts and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Cook chicken for six to eight minutes until chicken is cooked through (time will depend on the thickness of the chicken).
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and allow it to cool, then cut into bite size cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, and turmeric until combined.
- Add the chicken, red grapes, celery, golden raisins, and cashews and mix until everything is coated in the curry dressing.
- Serve with a salad and avocado or use for sandwiches!
How would you dish up this curried chicken salad?