Coconut Fish Tacos with Watermelon Salsa
Fresh, sweet, and light tacos: it’s all here, and it will surely tempt you. Why? Because the cod filets are covered in a tasty coconut coating and topped with a colorful and sweet watermelon salsa. If that’s not enough to make your mouth water, it’s accompanied with avocado and sprinkled with cilantro. Need we say more?
2 cod filets, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
¼ cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon ginger
Pinch of salt
1 cup watermelon, cubed
¼ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons lime juice
6 small soft corn tortillas, warmed
½ avocado, sliced
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat the fish pieces in the coconut flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 inch of coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish pieces to the skillet and fry until the coating is a golden brown color, approximately two minutes.
- Flip and fry for an additional two to three minutes, until the entire coating is golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the watermelon salsa
Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Divide fish and watermelon salsa evenly into warmed corn tortillas.
- Top with avocado slices and cilantro as desired.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.