Cilantro Lime Yogurt Hummus
Football season is in full swing, and while you're cheering on your favorite team it can be easy to get lost in unhealthy snacks. This Cilantro Lime Yogurt Hummus is perfect for your next viewing party as a healthier option for everyone to dip into!
Ingredients: Makes about 1 cup of hummus
- One (15-ounce) can chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 small cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, packed (just the leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt, split in half
- 1 Tbsp *tahini
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, add the chickpeas and garlic. Turn on the machine and let the ingredients process for 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Stop the machine and add the lime juice, lemon juice, and cilantro. Process until combined and well incorporated.
- With the machine running, add 1⁄4 cup + 2 Tbsp of greek yogurt and the tahini. Let the food processor run for 1-2 minutes until the hummus becomes very smooth. Stop the machine, add the salt and cumin and pulse a few times to combine. Taste and add additional salt to taste, or add the remaining 2 Tbsp of yogurt if you want a little thinner and creamier hummus.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The small amount of tahini helps round out all of the flavors in this hummus. If you don’t have tahini, you can try subbing cashew butter or sunflower butter!
- This hummus tastes best when chilled, so try refrigerating for at least 1 hour before serving
and refrigerate any leftovers.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.