Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls with Coconut RiceSnap Fitness
Pineapples are at the top of our list this spring! Don’t be intimidated to slice the pineapple lengthwise for serving, but be careful. Our recipe creator Lauren of “Making Life Sweet” said it was easier than she anticipated – and it’s just oh-so-beautiful. Prepare yourself for an oasis of flavor. A pineapple packed with chicken, bold flavor, vegetables, and coconut rice cannot be outdone!
382 calories per serving | 21g protein | 20g fat | 33g carb
Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls with Coconut Rice
2 chicken breasts
¾ cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
1 pineapple, halved
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ orange bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ onion, diced
½ cup broccoli, chopped
For the coconut rice:
1 ½ cups uncooked jasmine rice
1 ¼ cups water
1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
1 teaspoon sugar
- Place chicken, ½ cup of teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and coconut oil in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Place bag into the refrigerator for 24 hours before grilling.
- Prep pineapple bowls before you begin cooking by setting the pineapple on its side and carefully slice it in half lengthwise. Remove fruit with a pairing knife and grapefruit spoon, then set aside. Reserve ½ cup of pineapple chunks and place the rest in a storage container in the refrigerator.
- For the rice: In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, water and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then stir in rice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- While rice is cooking, heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, onion, broccoli and reserved pineapple chunks and stir-fry until slightly softened, about five to seven minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat and lightly oil grill grate.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill each side for six minutes until juices run clear when pierced.
- Let chicken cool on a cutting board and cut into one-inch cubes.
- Place chicken, rice, stir-fried fruit, and vegetables and remaining ¼ cup teriyaki sauce in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- To serve in pineapple bowls, fill each half with equal amounts of the chicken and rice mixture. Eat out of the bowls or scoop onto plates.