Cauliflower Fried Rice
A Healthy Twist on Classic Fried Rice
Cauliflower is a great low carb and gluten free substitute for many of your favorite meals. This fiber filled veggie can be turned into pizza crust, mac & cheese, or fried rice! Creating this substitute for rice is as simple as cooking a cup of rice.
1 head of cauliflower, (about 2½ cups chopped in a food processor)
2 Tbs sesame oil
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cup peas and carrots mixture
2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
1) Break the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower until it is small and resembles rice. If you do not have a food processor, you can finely chop the cauliflower.
2) Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Add sesame oil and white onion. Cook until the onions are clear.
3) Add peas and carrots and fry until tender.
4) Slide the veggies to the side, and pour the eggs onto the other side. Using a rubber spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs and the vegetables together.
5) Add the finely chopped cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top of the mixture and stir and fry the mixture until heated through and cauliflower is tender.
6) Add chopped green onions and serve the rice alone or pair with your favorite protein for a filling meal.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.