Burn Fat with These 15 Foods
If you indulged a little more than expected over the past few months, don’t panic! With proper nutrition and regular exercise, you can get the results you desire.
Here are 15 foods that will help you get rid of those extra pounds and get your body back:
1. Leafy Green Vegetables: Rich in fiber, leafy greens digest slowly, causing you to feel fuller longer. They are also full of vitamins and minerals, helping your body function properly and feel good.
2. Asparagus: This vegetable can do wonders for your body. Asparagus is a natural diuretic helping rid your body of excess water causing bloating. Mix a handful in some olive oil and sea salt for more flavor.
3. Avocados: Contrary to what we used to hear, the monosaturated fats in avocados have been proven to reduce inflammation and trim belly fat. Toss a few slices on your salad or eat it plain to get the benefits!
4. Berries: Loaded with antioxidants and fiber, berries are perfect for a little snack to hold you over until the next meal.
5. Beans and legumes: High in protein and fiber, beans are a good low-calorie option to support your weight-loss efforts. The high fiber helps regulate blood sugar levels and aids digestion.
6. Quinoa: Switch out calorie-filled foods such as rice and potatoes for quinoa. The B vitamins in quinoa promote energy production and weight loss. The high fiber and protein make you feel full longer.
7. Oatmeal: The high fiber content in oatmeal makes you feel full and prevents a spike in blood sugar levels. Purchase steel-cut plain oats. If you’d like more flavor, add your own natural sweetener such as honey or agave.
8. Eggs: Try to incorporate eggs into your daily breakfast routine. They contain vitamin B12, which your body uses to metabolize fat. If you are watching your cholesterol, prepare hard-boiled eggs or other ways that don’t break the yolk.
9. Lean Meats: Go for skinless, white meats to benefit from their high protein, low-saturated fat content. Try to choose the organic meats, as these are free of antibiotics and growth hormones.
10. Fish: Fish are a significant source of omega-3 fats and protein. Fish tend to be loaded vitamins and minerals – a perfect complement to your weight-loss efforts.
11. Almonds: These nuts make a great snack to keep you feeling full longer. Don’t go too nuts with almonds though! A handful is a reasonable portion to eat and get the benefits. Choose the raw and unsalted almonds at the store.
12: Pine Nuts: Although they are rather small, these nuts can make a big impact. They contain a phytonutrient that suppresses your appetite. These are great to have on a salad.
13. Spices: Many spices have thermogenic properties that boost your metabolism. Spices such as ginger, mustard seed, ginseng, turmeric, and cayenne pepper can all help you lose weight.
14. Olive Oil: Similar to avocados, this oil is rich in monosaturated fatty acids that play a role in reducing inflammation and help weight loss. Select the bottle labeled “Extra Virgin” in a dark-tinted glass bottle for best results.
15. Apple Cider Vinegar: You might cringe at the thought of drinking this, but knowing that the enzymes inside help your digestive system and promote weight loss, you might want to try it! Make sure to buy the organic, raw brand and mix two tablespoons in with a glass of water.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.