Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight OatsLauren
Did you know that over half of the population skips breakfast at least once a week, and some don’t have breakfast at all? Those who eat breakfast have better overall health, more energy, and better metabolism, but with our busy schedules getting a hearty breakfast every day can be challenging. For a simple, healthy breakfast option, try our Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats! It’s a great way to get the nutrition you need and easy to incorporate into your meal prepping for the week. Check it out below!
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if needed
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1⁄4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup milk, dairy free or regular
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, can be wild blueberries or regular
- In a bowl or mason jar, add the oats and chia seeds.
- Stir in yogurt, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and vanilla until totally combined. Stir in the frozen blueberries until incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and keep refrigerated overnight or at least 4 hours. Serve cold and garnish with fresh blueberries.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.