Blackberry Mint Spritzer
Is there anything better than kicking back on a warm summer day with family and friends? Actually yes, by adding a refreshing drink to the mix! Check out this delicious, family-friendly recipe that is sure to become a summertime classic.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup blackberries
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups sparkling water
- Ice for serving
- Add honey and water to a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and stir to dissolve the honey. Add the mint leaves, and let steep for 15 minutes until the syrup has completely cooled. Strain out and discard the mint leaves.
- Add the cooled mint syrup, lemon juice, and blackberries to a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add additional lemon juice to taste. Strain through a mesh sieve and discard the seeds, you should have about 1⁄2 cup of puree leftover.
- Divide the puree between 3 glasses, using about 3 Tbsp of puree in each glass. Top with about 1⁄2 cup of sparkling water per glass and serve with ice.
- Adding 3 Tbsp of mint leaves will taste fairly minty, so use less if desired.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.