Black Bean Quinoa Enchilada Verde BakeSnap Fitness
This lightened-up Mexican favorite swaps rice with quinoa but still brings you cheesy goodness! With simple ingredients that turn into a tasty dish in less than half an hour, it’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 ½ cups salsa verde
2/3 cup cheddar cheese
2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
Sliced avocado for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375° F and spray a 2.5-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and sauté the green bell pepper and onion until softened, about five minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese and avocado and stir well.
4. Pour mixture into baking dish and top evenly with cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake until cheese is melted and quinoa is heated through, about 15 minutes.
6. Top with avocado and serve with chips and salsa.