Birthday Cake Protein BallsSnap Fitness
Snap Fitness is turning 15! That means we’re only one year away from being able to legally drive. Until then, we’ve got a special treat for you. In honor of our latest milestone we wanted to share one of our favorite festive recipes: Birthday Cake Protein Balls!
Not only are these protein balls delicious and easy to make (no baking involved!) they’re also loaded with — you guessed it — protein! A perfect snack for after a hard workout, we think you’re about to discover a new favorite treat.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 6 Tbsp almonds
- Mini cupcake wrappers
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Start by using a food processor or blender to grind up the almonds
- Set aside one scoop of protein powder and combine all of the remaining ingredients
- Mix thoroughly for 2-3 mins and freeze until the mixture becomes firm
- Use the remaining protein powder on your hands to roll scoops of mixture into a ball. Decorate each ball with sprinkles (optional...but we recommend!)
- Place each ball into an individual mini cupcake wrapper and freeze until firm
- Serve chilled and keep remaining balls in the fridge
This recipe should make about 24 protein balls. Feel free to share them with friends, family, workout partners, or just save them all for yourself! No judgement here, they’re that good.