A new recipe to try in 2020
Keema is a minced meat that can be used in a variety of dishes. One of our favorite ways to eat keema is with peas and curry! Ready to eat in about 30 minutes, this dish is perfect to whip up on those busy weeknights.
- 1.1 lb beef mince, 5% fat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup resh coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 7/8 cup beef stock
- 7 oz. pot 0% fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cups peas, frozen
- Heat a dry frying pan over high heat, and cook the beef mince until browned.
- Add in the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 6-8 minutes until soft. Stir in the coriander stalks and curry powder and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, while stirring.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes of simmering, stir in 1 tbsp. of yoghurt. Add the frozen peas and half the coriander leaves. Cook for another 2 mins, until peas are heated through, then season again if needed.
- Serve with a portion of rice, garnished with the remaining coriander and a spoonful of yoghurt.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.