Baked Salmon Skewers
Reeling in a Great Meal
Skewers make for a great summer meal, and if you’re looking to do something a little out of the ordinary, check out our baked salmon skewers. Compliment them with a cast of healthy vegetables and you’re about to enjoy one tasty meal that’s fun to eat and loaded with Omega-3.
For the Salmon:
- 1 to 1 1⁄4 lbs. salmon with the skin removed, cut into large 1”-1 1⁄2” pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- 4-6 skewers
- 1⁄4 cup scallions, chopped
- Rice or quinoa
- Roasted or grilled veggies of choice
- Start by placing the salmon pieces into a large resealable bag. Make the marinade in a small mixing bowl by whisking together chili sauce, orange juice, garlic, tamari, sesame oil, and ginger. Pour the marinade over the salmon and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Thread marinated salmon pieces onto the skewers, placing 4-5 pieces on each (if you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes prior to using).
- Place the salmon skewers onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, carefully turn/flip the salmon, then switch the oven over to broil and cook for another 2 minutes to lightly brown the tops.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped scallions. Serve with rice or quinoa and your choice of veggies.
- You can also grill these salmon skewers! Just put them onto a preheated grill (or place a grill pan on top of your grill) and grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side. To ensure they stay on the skewer, consider using two for each set.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all kinds of gluten free recipes on her blog, Zest and Lemons. She has a passion for cooking and photography, and loves to help others learn more about Celiac Disease. She is also an oatmeal enthusiast and is always making a mess in the kitchen.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.