Avocado, Grapefruit, and Chicken Salad with Meyer Lemon VinaigretteSnap Fitness
We’re dishing up recipes packed with powerhouse ingredients this year that are sure to get you feeling energized for those hard workouts you have planned. This tasty salad is feel-good focused, satisfying, and low in calories because we know those goals you set for yourself require the right kind of fuel.
Incredibly nutritious and rich in flavor, avocado brings serious benefits to this delicious salad. Avocados are packed with healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins like K, C, B5, B6, E.
Tart and tangy grapefruit adds more than juiciness to this salad. Loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit brings its A-game to your plate!
2 chicken breasts
1/2 large grapefruit, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup flaked coconut
2-3 cups kale
For the Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1. Coat the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium until the oil shimmers, about two or three minutes.
2. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper and carefully place in the pan. DON’T move the chicken around, because you’ll mess up the nice golden-brown crust that’s forming.
3. After six or seven minutes, flip the chicken using a metal spatula. (Tip: If the chicken sticks to the pan, that means it’s not ready to be flipped yet.) Cook on the other side for another six or seven minutes, or until thickest part of the chicken has reached 165° F. Remove from heat and let cool, then slice into thin strips.
4. For the vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
5. To serve, divide equal amounts of kale, flaked coconut, avocado, grapefruit, and chicken between two plates. Drizzle with Meyer lemon vinaigrette.