The Best Full-Body Workout You Can Do from Anywhere
Lifting at the gym or taking a class is great, but sometimes you just want to squeeze in a workout at home, or on vacation, or wherever you may be. This full-body workout is quick, effective and requires zero equipment so you can get the energizing benefits from moving your body anytime, anywhere.
These four moves give you an effective full-body workout by targeting all the major muscle groups, ensuring you’re strengthening your whole body. These dynamic exercises mimic functional fitness, which relates to moving your body in accordance to daily functions like carrying groceries.
Aside from boosting your mood in a short amount of time, this workout will make it easier for you to do regular daily life activities because you’re training your muscles to work together at the same time.
Full-Body Workout Instructions:
- Warm-up for 5-10 minutes by walking, jogging, rowing, or cycling
- Perform 10 reps of each movement and repeat 3 times:
- Ice Skaters
- Push-up Cross Over
- Door Frame Rows
- Side Plank Dip
- After you have completed your workout, finish with 5 minutes of stretching, focusing on your lower-body muscle-group!
The moves for an effective full-body workout:
Exercise 1: Ice Skaters
- Start standing on one leg.
- Hop from side to side, switching legs as if you were hopping over a puddle or speed skating.
- Swing your arms side to side touching the opposite arm to the opposite standing leg, lowering your body down to do so.
Exercise 2: Push-up Cross Over
- Get down in a push-up position.
- Do a push-up and then move your whole body to the left by crossing your right hand over your left hand, shifting your legs as you move. Then move your left hand back out into a push-up position. Bring your legs back together and do another push-up.
- Repeat the process in reverse, going back the other way.
Exercise 3: Door Frame Rows
- Find a sturdy door frame, grab ahold with your right arm and bend your knees to 45 degrees. Use your feet to brace yourself against a nearby wall or the door frame.
- With control, pull yourself forward toward the door frame and back slowly.
- Repeat the process with your other arm.
Exercise 4: Side Plank Dip
- Lie on your side with legs stretched out and place your elbow on the floor directly underneath your shoulder with palm grasping the floor.
- Pile your feet on top of each other and lift your body up to neutral.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.