Apple BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 6 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
For the Nachos
- 1 1/2 lb. pork loin
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 11 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Monterey jack cheese
- Add all of the BBQ sauce ingredients to a small pot and whisk until smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and once bubbling, whisk, turn the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until desired thickness is achieved.
- Place pork loin and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Drizzle BBQ sauce on top and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours. Shred with a fork.
- Preheat oven broiler. Line nachos on a cookie sheet and top with pork, green peppers and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes. Top with additional BBQ sauce. (You can reserve leftover sauce in the fridge for a few weeks.)
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.