Almond Butter Stuffed French Toast
Healthy french toast is possible! This protein-packed version uses sprouted bread, a spread of satisfying almond butter and is drizzled with real maple syrup. Full of whole grains, protein and fiber, this french toast will definitely keep you satisfied until lunch!
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
4 slices sprouted or whole-grain bread
2 Tbsp almond butter
1 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon in a shallow baking dish.
- Spread almond butter on two slices of the bread and top with other slice of bread.
- Add sandwiches to egg mixture, flipping after a minute or two.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat and add butter to pan.
- When the butter melts, add french toast..... to hot pan.
- Cook for about two minutes, until golden brown and flip.
- Cook for another two minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.
Nutrition: (2 servings)
496 calories, 21 grams of fat, 58 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fiber, 23 grams sugar, 21 grams protein
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.