6 Secrets To Staying Healthy While TravelingSnap Fitness
It’s so easy to stray from your health routine while traveling. Temptations are everywhere. They start at the airport. You grab a mocha or a burger before you board, thinking they will tide you over until you arrive. Harmless enough, right? Not really. Air travel in itself is a stress on your system. Add in greasy food or sugary drinks and you’re putting yourself behind the eight ball. Next thing you know you’re feeling ill. Happens all the time. But it doesn’t have to. Follow these six tips next time you hit the road and prepare for smooth sailing.
- Snack Smarter. Bring healthy snacks with you. You can’t go wrong with anti-inflammatory snacks, such as walnuts and almonds. They are a great option because they’re loaded with healthy fats, which will help you feel full, and filled with valuable nutrients.
- Stay Hydrated. Staying hydrated is crucial when traveling. Start before you go. Try starting your travel day with a green smoothie and then sip on coconut water throughout the day. You’ll be surprised by how much of a difference swapping out a cup of coffee for water makes in your health and energy.
- Keep Up With Your Vitamins and Supplements. If vitamins and supplements are part of your daily routine, make sure to pack them. Consider adding an extra dose of Vitamin C to boost your immunity system.
- Stick To Your Diet (Mostly). Even though you’re on vacation, you still want to be mindful of your diet. Avoid fast food chains at all costs. If greasy fries hurt your stomach at home, they will on vacation. Make exceptions of course. Go ahead and sample local cuisines. But make sure you include greens and don’t overdo it.
- Do Something Active At Your Destination. Plan it out before you travel. Pick something unique about the area and design a workout around it — running on the beach, cross-country skiing, mountain-climbing. Burn some calories while being a tourist.
- Find a Snap Fitness! We have more than 2,000 locations around the world so chances are good you can find us. Scope it out before you travel. We’re open 24-7. Nothing feels better and more like home than a workout at Snap Fitness.