5 Tips To Get More Veggies Into Your Diet
Are you eating your veggies? For most of us the veggie battle started at an early age where we spent our youth having broccoli and Brussels sprouts shoved in our faces. The result, a love/ hate relationship with anything that grows in the ground.
Most of us aren’t adding fresh vegetables into our daily diet. Either it’s a matter of convenience, or let’s face it, the taste isn’t something we fell in love with at an early age. Incorporating veggies into a daily diet can be difficult, but there are ways to make eating veggies more enjoyable.
Believe it or not, you can add vegetables into just about anything, well, almost anything. The key is to experiment with a variety of vegetables and recipes. After all, you never know if you don’t try.
Follow these simple tips to get more vegetables into your diet:
1. Make them accessible. Cut up your veggies right when you get them. Put them in small baggies to grab on the go.
2. Add veggies into your favorite smoothie or juice. Veggies add loads of nutrients and believe it or not, you can’t taste them when blended with other ingredients.
3. Toss them into your favorite stews or pasta sauces. Adding zucchini, onion, tomatoes, and carrots not only adds flavor, it adds color too.
4. Dips such as hummus can make eating veggies easier. Not to mention you get the fiber from the bean dip.
5. Throw a few extra veggies on your frozen pizza, sandwich, or wrap. Get your nutrients and a bit of crunch
Sooner or later your memories of mashed peas and carrots will be truly something of the past. Enjoy!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.